Home Business Cadbury Nigeria appoints Oyeyimika Adeboye new CEO

Cadbury Nigeria appoints Oyeyimika Adeboye new CEO

801
0

…Ogaga Ologe appointed new Finance Director effective 1st April 2019

LAGOS, Nigeria –THUR, MARCH 21 2019-theG&BJournal-Cadbury Nigeria Plc said today Mrs. Oyeyimika Adeboye will take over as its new CEO and finance director while its current CEO Mr. Amir Shamsi will move on to a new role within Mondelēz International, the parent company of Cadbury Nigeria.

Cadbury Nigeria is a 74.99%-owned subsidiary of Mondelēz International, a global snacking powerhouse with an unrivalled portfolio of brands. The remaining 25.01% of shares are held by a diverse group of indigenous, individual and institutional investors.

Mr. Shamsi is credited with the turnaround of the business of the publicly quoted beverage manufacturer. He drove Cadbury’s growth agenda with respect to top-line, bottom-line, and talent.

Mrs. Adeboye is the first woman to be appointed Managing Director since the establishment of Cadbury Nigeria over five decades ago. The chartered accountant joined the Board of the Company in November 2008, as Finance and Strategy Director, West Africa.

‘’Mrs. Adeboye’s appointment attests to the Company’s commitment to promoting gender equality, diversity and inclusion,’’ Cadbury Nigeria said of her appointment.

Adeboye was the Director of Finance and Chief Financial Officer of Nigerian Bottling Company Plc Prior to joining Cadbury Nigeria. She previously worked for the erstwhile Accounting and Tax  Practice of Arthur Andersen & Co as well as the United Kingdom Accounting practice  of Midgley Snelling & Co., Chartered Accountants.

A Bachelor of Science honours degree holder in Economics and Social Studies from the University College Cardiff, and Wales and an executive management education certification from the Institute of Management Development (IMD), Lausanne, Switzerland, She has an impressive track record in finance, strategy and business administration both in Nigeria and the United Kingdom. She is a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales and a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Nigeria.

Meanwhile, Mr.  Ogaga Ologe, who is the Company’s Financial Controller, has been appointed as the new Finance Director effective 1st April 2019. Mr.Ologe, who succeeds Mrs. Mrs. Adeboye, joined Cadbury Nigeria  in  2012,  from  KPMG  Professional  Services where he led the audit of the financial statements for many multinationals. He holds a Bachelor of Science honours degree in Physics from Delta State University, Abraka. He is a qualified Chartered Accountant from the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Nigeria (ICAN).

|twitter:@theGBJournal|email: info@govandbusinessjournal.com.ng|