Lagos, Nigeria, MON, MARCH 30 2020-theG&BJournal- Famfa Oil Ltd, one of the leading indigenous exploration and production oil companies in Nigeria, announced its contribution of N1 Billion Naira to support Nigeria’s fight against COVID-19.
Mr. Modupe and Mrs. Folorunso Alakija, Chairman and Vice Chairman Famfa Oil Ltd said, “As the world rallies to deal with the health, security, economic and social implications of the coronavirus, it’s clear that we will feel the effects much more deeply than many of the developed world. Managing a crisis of this magnitude means that the strength of our response will determine our ability to weather the storm.’’
They said, individually and collectively, we are rising to this unprecedented challenge in a way that symbolizes our resilience, our character and strength.
The said that Famfa Oil Ltd will work in consultation with key stakeholders such as:
- National Centre for Disease Control, N250,000,000 (Two Hundred and Fifty million Naira)
- Lagos State Government N250,000,000 (Two hundred and Fifty million Naira)
- African centre of Excellence for Genomics of Infectious Diseases, 50,000,000 (Fifty million Naira)
- Medical Workers on the Frontline in Lagos 100,000,000 (One hundred million Naira)
- Medical Workers on the Frontline in Abuja 100,000,000 (One hundred million Naira)
- Supply of medical equipment to relevant organizations 245,00,000 (Two and forty five million Naira)
- Dr. Ameyo Stella Adadevoh Foundation (DRASA) 5 Million Naira (Five million Naira)
‘’We will work with these organisations to determine their specific requirements in the furtherance of our collective fight against Covid-19. We will also oversee the procurement of these products and facilities to ensure that our contribution is deployed in the most impactful way.’’
Famfa Oil Ltd commends the efforts made by the Federal and State Governments, the private sector and individuals towards the fight against the pandemic in Nigeria and enjoins all Nigerians to follow stipulated health guidelines in order to keep all safe.